Sunday, July 26, 2009

July 24: Wicked!!

Friday was our first free day in London, and most of it was pretty uneventful. Megan came in around 9:30 to get us to go try to buy tickets to Billy Elliot. I didn’t want to see Billy Elliot, so I just stayed in bed, and Kylee had been up super late, so she stayed in bed as well, and Amanda and Julia went with her. When they came back, they woke us up to tell us that Billy Elliot was sold out, so they bought all four of us tickets to see Wicked!! For only 45 pounds! I was really excited. By this time, it was about noon. Yup, that’s right, we had stayed in bed until noon. It was amazing. This trip is great, but we are going all the time, and it is so exhausting, so having a chance to sleep in ridiculously late is a rare and beautiful thing. We finally got up and got ready. Kylee went out after about an hour to do a bunch of stuff that she and some other girls had planned. Julia and Amanda went running, and I was going to go to the Imperial War Museum with them when they got back. A few minutes before they came back, it got super stormy, and I decided that I didn’t really want to spend another day outside in the cold weather. So I just decided to stay in. I got to work on some homework, relax, and actually take my time to get ready for Wicked. Not to mention, I got some time by myself. I love hanging out with most of the girls here, but 5 weeks with the same people gets a little bit hard. It was nice to be by myself for a while. Wicked started at 7:30, but we were leaving at 6:30, so around 5, I started getting ready. I had offered to start making dinner before Amanda and Julia got home. We were having hamburgers, and I thought they would take a while to make because our stove doesn’t really work that well. I took the meat out of the fridge and figured out how to defrost it in our microwave, and I also found that one of our burners works just fine, so it only took about 20 minutes to make the hamburgers. Amanda and Julia got home about 10 minutes after they were done, so it was perfect timing. After we ate, I finished getting ready and we left for Wicked. We were supposed to be meeting Kylee at the Victoria station around 6:45. When we got there though, she wasn’t there. We waited for a while, and the rest of our group came, but we couldn’t find her. So we waited at the station and the rest of the group went over to the theater (it was only across the street). At about 7:10, right when we needed to leave to go into the show, Susie came back and said that they had found Kylee at the theater. So now that we were all together again, we headed into the theater. It was so amazing! The stage set up was so cool. And the show was fantastic! I will never be able to look at the Wizard of Oz the same way again. For those of you who don’t know the story, Wicked is a musical about how Glenda becomes the good witch and how the Wicked Witch of the West becomes known as Wicked. It also shows where the Tin Man and the Scarecrow come from. It was such a good musical. Afterwards, on our way home, I ran into Susie, Terry, and Becky, and they were going to eat, so I decided to go with them. It was too late to go to a restaurant, so they got Chinese food, and I went to Subway. Spending the evening watching Wicked more than made up for not doing anything else today!

No comments:

Post a Comment